Keyword

Solved: Upgrade to 2.5.7 with no errors

• Mohamed Osman
  • Mohamed Osman's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105458 by Mohamed Osman
Solved: Upgrade to 2.5.7 with no errors was created by Mohamed Osman
Hello,

it's my first article over here and i wanted to describe how to upgrade your (Powered by k2 ) website
and i already tried this method in a joomla website which have more than 20,000 article in k2 items and it succeed well. so let's go.

* THIS IS A MANUAL WAY TO UPGRADE YOUR K2 COMPONENT AND WE WILL USE MYSQL QUERIES
* REQUIREMENTS:
1)AKEEBA BACKUP [ Download ]

2)ADMIN TOOLS [ Download ]

3)ADMINER 3.6.1 [ Download ]

4)FRESH COPY OF JOOMLA 2.5.7 [ Download ]
5) A CUP OF TEA WILL HELP YOU ;)

* YOU DON'T NEED SO MUCH PROGRAMMING SKILLS TO APPLY THIS TO YOUR SITE BUT I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO BACKUP YOUR DATABASE AND FILES USING AKEEBA BACKUP AND STAY AWAKE WHILE THE UPGRADE PROCESS.

Firstly : i like to describe the condition
Now you have your old website usually it's a joomla 1.5.25 please upgrade if older
1) go to your old site administrator area and install akeeba backup and admintools via [install/unistall]
2) backup your site using akeeba backup
3) go to [components / admin tools / Database table prefix editor]
4) in the New prefix field write any 3 or 4 digits ( numbers or letters or both ) ends with underscore _ and remember it for example i will use ( os25_ )

5) Create a new empty database using the same username of the old database
6) Go to your website's root directory and create a folder named for example [ Upgraded ]
7) install your fresh copy of joomla 2.5.7 into this directory using database in step [ 1 ] and while installation you will be notified what the New prefix for the new site is, so change it to be the same like your old site.
8) then install k2 component in the fresh copy of joomla.
9) inside the [Upgraded] directory create another directory called [adminer] and upload the adminer files after extracting it from the downloaded archive.
10) access the [adminer] script and you will find it at ( http:www.yoursite.com/Upgraded/adminer ) and enter you [database name,username and password].
11) after successful login you will see in the left area of the adminer script a drop down list contains your databases the old and the new one [this is at least] but ( you may see other databases... just ignore ).
12) choose the new one and select all k2 tables and drop them i]select tables and scroll to the bottom of the page to find a drop button[/i.
13) go to your old database and select all k2 tables and scroll down to find a copy command
- select your new database and press copy.
14) open to your new database ( also using adminer ) and press ( SQL command ) in the left area.
15) you will see a big text area put these command lines below and press execute ( one command line per time )

* Attention
- OLD_ID is the id of the user from the old site ( this may be more than one if so repeat this line for each user ) you can find it in the old site's [user manager] in administrator area.
- NEW_ID is the id of the user from the new site ( this the new fresh site super admin's id ) you can find it in the new fresh site's [user manager] in administrator area too.
- PREFIX is the PREFIX of the tables of the new site it is the same like old as we said.

First command line :-

• Mohamed Osman
  • Mohamed Osman's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105459 by Mohamed Osman
Replied by Mohamed Osman on topic works also
UPDATE: This works fine while upgrading to 2.6.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.