Keyword

Category displays

More
11 years 11 months ago #105541 by JP
Category displays was created by JP
Hi All,

This could be a very silly question but I have been searching the forums and cant find anything in the tutorials either. So . . .

I wanted to make a listing of all my items within a category - did that, no problems, but it showed all the images in full size and complete articles. Not so good. I came to the k2 site and discovered that on the demo site they can show the category items in different formats - demo.getk2.org/categories .

I went back to my site and started to make adjustments but nothing is changing. Therefore my question is it possible that something in the css is overriding the layout? This is the page I am working on chronicle.lu/testing-categories and I have attached images of the current settings (to prove I am not completely mad)

What I really want is the to display a few sentences of txt, a small image and a read more link. Rather than a complete article. Similar to the secondary section in the demo site.

Would appreciate any thoughts/ideas on the matter.

JP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105542 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Category displays
Check your image size settings in the menu link you created for the k2 category, set the leading, primary, etc image sizes - Check the category settings itself for other options in the category view display. Be sure to insert a readmore in the item

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #105543 by JP
Replied by JP on topic Re: Category displays
Hi William,

All the images are xsmall in the menu item. Also I had previously adjusted the image size in k2 so that the xsmall size would be 50px wide.

I found in the category view a section for the rss which enables you to define the intro text size/word limit etc is there something similar for the category listings?

Finally - are you suggesting that we would have to insert a read more break into every item - is there no way to control the length of the intro text (like the rss feed) after the creation of the item?

Appreciate the initial feedback

JP