Four methods to add an image

• Andrew McKean
  • Andrew McKean's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105575 by Andrew McKean
Four methods to add an image was created by Andrew McKean
K2 2.5.7, Jomsocial 2.6.2, Joomla 2.5.6, Ubuntu 12.0.4
Editor - Tiny Mice
This may be in the wrong forum but I am hoping someone can help.
On my test site there are three methods to add an image to a K2 Item (four if you count the Image gallery). It's really confusing for me and I would like to narrow this down to just one choice. You can see a screenshot at sgs4.com/k2_editor.png
I am not sure where the bottom row of selections originates from. Thanks, Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105576 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Four methods to add an image
The image tab, is the K2 item image select/upload tab. When you use this k2 uploads the image and makes several copies of it in various sizes for you to pick in k2 paramaters.

The other two buttons you show are regular image tabs that will insert an image into the description field of your k2 Item

• Andrew McKean
  • Andrew McKean's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #105577 by Andrew McKean
Replied by Andrew McKean on topic Re: Four methods to add an image
Hi William,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have managed to remove the Image button and also the Article button from the bottom menu and this is how it looks now:
sgs4.com/k2_editor_modified.png

On my site sgs4.com I have posted the instructions for editing the php code. This has reduced the Add Image choices from three to two and I think it is less confusing now for visitors to my site.
Cheers,
Andrew

Update: November 5, I have now solved this issue and there is now only one button for adding an image. Please see the full explanation at sgs4.com

Andrew