Keyword

Using K2 for the first time

• Chris Greene
  • Chris Greene's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #105680 by Chris Greene
Using K2 for the first time was created by Chris Greene
I am pretty new to this, and so far I have not found a good way to prevent this from happening: mylifeiscode.com/studentprintz/index.php/component/k2/item/337-usm-to-face-rice-both-teams-in-search-of-first-cusa-win

The caption of the photo is longer than the photo itself, but instead of rolling over into its own category, it stretches out the page. How can I prevent this?

I have also been playing around with the frontpage of the site here: mylifeiscode.com/studentprintz/

I can't seem to find a way to allow two different photos - one for the article, and another for the slideshow, which severely limits the types of photos I can use. Also, when I use a more vertical photo (under the arts and entertainment tab), the thumbnail stretches, even though I have it set to 'keep aspect ratio', which seems to do nothing.

Using the 'add new item' function on the frontend does not work. Clicking 'submit' just refreshes the window and empties the contents, and from that point you can't even exit the page or save at all.

Does anybody have any answers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105681 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Using K2 for the first time
try adding a width tag to span.itemImageCaption

• Chris Greene
More
11 years 11 months ago #105682 by Chris Greene
Replied by Chris Greene on topic Re: Using K2 for the first time
Where do I go to access that and edit it? The image upload is on a different tab than the article html.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105683 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Using K2 for the first time
Sorry, is's not that simple.
the best way to do this is by editing the css file that is controling the element in a k2 override
Start here getk2.org/documentation/k2class2012/item/865-k2-template-and-overrides
where this is explained in detail (the entire series of movies are well worth the while)

• Chris Greene
More
11 years 11 months ago #105684 by Chris Greene
Replied by Chris Greene on topic Re: Using K2 for the first time
Okay, will do, thanks. Did you have any insight to the aspect ratio thumbnail on the home page I provided? I went into the module and selected 'yes' for aspect ratio, but it still provides a stretched picture.