Keyword

Copy K2 item to another joomla 2.5 / k2 Installati

• Dimitris Kanellopoulos
  • Dimitris Kanellopoulos's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105758 by Dimitris Kanellopoulos
Copy K2 item to another joomla 2.5 / k2 Installati was created by Dimitris Kanellopoulos
Hi,

Is there an (easy) way to copy all the items (text + k2 images + images in html content) to another joomla installation!

Also "move" the categories and if possible the tags

Both installations are Joomla 2.5 / K2 Latests edition

The idea is that want to transfer the content of a "news site" to another "cataloge site" both on the same server.

We do not want to move modules / plugins etc.

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105759 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Copy K2 item to another joomla 2.5 / k2 Installati
k2 import / export may help you
www.individual-it.net/en/Joomla/#27

More
11 years 7 months ago #105760 by stavroch
The tool that you suggest is not suitable. I have 12.000 items and when i upload the 8MB file i get error message after 1.500 items.

The error message doesn't display something more that the "error"

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #105761 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Copy K2 item to another joomla 2.5 / k2 Installati
Are you starting with an empty k2 install or are there already items in the site you are transfering to?
if it is empty, no categories, no items, no comments etc
then backup first and try using phpmyadmin to get a dump file from one site and insert the records into the other site.
The problem you will face is copying all the proper image files etc that go with the items
this may help getk2.org/documentation/tips-a-tricks/311-manually-migrating-k2-content-from-joomla-15-to-17

Another way might be to break the sheet you are using down into smaller sheets and do them one at a time.