Keyword

Importing previous database to K2

• Chris Greene
  • Chris Greene's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105768 by Chris Greene
Importing previous database to K2 was created by Chris Greene
Hi guys, I have been working creating a new website for my school newspaper, and we're almost to the point to where we can use our old archive and combine it with the Joomla/K2 one.

Before I got into it, I went ahead and looked at the database schema just to see how the data is stored; I looked in the ykeng_k2_items table and found my example articles I posted, but I was curious to know where the image reference is stored. I found the image caption and credit, but I need to know how the articles link to the images so that I can pull the old archive in and keep that data linked with the pictures that go with the respective articles.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105769 by navid
Replied by navid on topic Re: Importing previous database to K2
after importing, publish content and load it with internet explorer,then pictures dont show but you can wright click on it and see position of them.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105770 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Importing previous database to K2
You should find your images and other media and attachments in yousiteroot/media/k2.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105771 by Teo Vgenopoulos
Replied by Teo Vgenopoulos on topic Re: Importing previous database to K2
You will not find the image path on the database if this is your question. When adding an image to a K2 article this image renamed and saved with an md5 hash based on the current article id . K2 only needs the id from #_k2_items and the selected image size(_XS , _L , _XL ....) to reference to the current image.