Keyword

SOLVED-Struggling to access on-line image editors

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #105904 by simun
I have downloaded K2 v2.6.1
and installed it on two test sites running Joomla! version, 2.5.7 beez and Joomla! version, 3.01 prostar

I have switched on the K2 plugins/modules that were not enabled by default.

I don't get any K2 section with the joomla! control panel, but I can access the K2 control panel under components.

I cannot seem to access the online image editor. There is a button in the k2 media manager but it remains disabled.

I have tried:-
  1. uploading images via the K2 media manager,
  2. creating a category and an image item then uploading an image to that and also
  3. creating a K2 admin user. not sure how to login as the K2 user.
Regardless, I still cannot utilise the online image editor to modify the images.

I figure I must be doing something wrong or not have completed a necessary step

It is really frustrating me as I haven't the foggiest idea what I might have missed.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105905 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Struggling to access on-line image editors

I don't get any K2 section with the joomla! control panel, but I can access the K2 control panel under components.

Goto Module Manager, switch to the administrator template, and create a new module -k2Quick Icons in the Icon position

More
11 years 11 months ago #105906 by simun
Huge Thanks William, for taking the time and making the effort to reply to me. To say I am extremely grateful is an understatement. Whilst it wasn't a direct solution, it did at least, point me in the correct direction and as I was just miandering about changing (and messing up :unsure: ) things at random hoping to stumble upon a solution, it was really helpful.

I had followed the OS Training video by Vicki W on Installing K2. It is really good, but missed out a key step I needed to do. It explains plugins will be enabled and the modules need manual enabling. It goes through enabling the Site Modules, but doesn't cover enabling the two Administrator Modules (it mentions them very briefly) and that you need to assign them a display position in k2 v2.6.1. I guess they might already be enabled in a previous version of K2? The video also mentions a K2 login module which will be removed from future releases of K2 and this does not appear to be in K2 v2.6.1.

I didn't need to create a new k2Quick Icons module (would there be any benefit to having one?)

1) I accessed the Module Manager,
2) Switched from Site to Administrator in the left most module filter box (that was the key thing I was missing.)
3) Enabled the K2 Stats (admin) and K2 Quick Icons (admin) modules and
4) Assigned them to positions; icon and control panel respectively.

I was hoping that the on-line image editor function would be integrated far better into K2 than it appears to be. Hey, I guess I have fairly high/unrealistic expectations. But just maybe something will happen in the future to improve that so you can edit images on a website directly on the fly (or maybe that is there already with K2, but I haven't worked it out?)

Thanks Again! :)