Keyword

Module missing Categories

More
11 years 11 months ago #105916 by jacob
Module missing Categories was created by jacob
I am using a 3rd party template for a website i'm building, and i've run into a problem with K2.

The template has a "reservation" module built into it. There is a Joomla! category that the module was assigned to. Any items published in this category would show up in a drop-down list. The end-user would fill in the reservation form, select an item from the drop-down list, and the site would send an e-mail to the owner with the users information, and requested reservation.

I installed the newest stable version of K2 to my site, used the Import Joomla Content option, archived all of the old articles and categories, and now the module is no longer displaying. When i go into the module options, i cannot select a category anymore. The drop-down list is blank. Before installing K2, the list was populated with all of the categories.

I know i'm probably missing a simple step somewhere, but my head hurts from beating it against the proverbial brick wall... Does anyone know what i'm missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105917 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Module missing Categories
Joomla categories and K2 categories are two seperate things and can coexist
If the module was assigned to a J category it wont show in the same K2 category you imported

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #105918 by jacob
Replied by jacob on topic Re: Module missing Categories
i understand that they can coexist, but how do i get the K2 categories to show in the drop-down menu? Before i did the import, and archived all of the standard items/categories, the drop-down list had several categories that i could choose from. After, the drop-down is empty...

i attached a screenshot, in case i wasn't explaining what i was talking about very well...that happens a lot :P Under Basic Options, the Category drop-down is empty...none of the K2 categories show up there...

More
11 years 11 months ago #105919 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Module missing Categories
Is the module you are using K2 compatiable?
if its this one, www.shape5.com/product_details/club_extensions/
I dont see any mention of k2

More
11 years 11 months ago #105920 by jacob
Replied by jacob on topic Re: Module missing Categories
i hadn't thought of that...it all came bundled together in the template package

i was hoping that i was just doing something wrong, because i really like the template, but i also really like K2...

i'm assuming that i would have to fix it in the actual code, but i'm not sure where to even begin looking...i'll start digging around, but i get the feeling it'll come down to a choice between K2 or the template...