Keyword

K2 Articles & Category layout

• Miss Manners
  • Miss Manners's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105947 by Miss Manners
K2 Articles & Category layout was created by Miss Manners
Hi,

I've just started using K2 and as much as I like it there are issues with the layout and despite setting the configuration it seems like I'm checking dozens of places to find titles and how to turn off various features, but even when the parameters are set for the category, item or menu item it's really difficult to constantly change each and every one and searching to find where to turn off certain feilds. Is there some sort of template or some easy solution to this? It's very very time consuming....

Secondly, the layout is horrid for the articles and I'm wondering how to change the layout of an "item". Right now the image gallery appears below the avatar gallery of the writer. "Readmore" shows up not at the end of the article, but below some rating feature. I can't stand the layout, but love the extension. Is there a solution to this?

I had to enter the capacha below 6 times, so hopefully this will eventually go through.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Tekoa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105948 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 Articles & Category layout

Is there some sort of template or some easy solution to this?

Many people create special categories, which are placeholder categories and let their actual categories inherit from them, having several different formats to choose from on the site.

I can't stand the layout

Thast what the overrides are for. see the documentation for info about overrides or k2templating. If you prefer not to create your own use a template that has built in overrides for k2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.