Keyword

can not get comment to work?

• Richard
  • Richard's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105988 by Richard
can not get comment to work? was created by Richard
Hi!
I am trying but can not get the comment funktion going to work.
In the settings I activate the comments, only registered can post.
In the frontend I can see (always, not only registered) the link. The link opens just the single content, no comments??
thx
at the news

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105989 by Gregwh
Replied by Gregwh on topic Re: can not get comment to work?

Richard wrote: Hi!
I am trying but can not get the comment funktion going to work.
In the settings I activate the comments, only registered can post.
In the frontend I can see (always, not only registered) the link. The link opens just the single content, no comments??
thx
at the news

Check your userbase in K2. If it has not got REGISTERED for the K2 side, then that will happen. I just repaired that one for myself. One user had REGISTERED under the Joomla database and activated as well but in K2 had Registered for Joomla but nothing at all for K2. I couldnt get it to "Move" either so I had to delete and add the user all over again from new and that fixed the problem. Now the user can comment and gets the right page. Before that, I got the same as you are talking about.

Greg.

• Richard
More
11 years 11 months ago #105990 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic Re: can not get comment to work?
Hi Greg
in the user page of K2 all the users are in an activated
no groups
tryed JCommens, also nothing in frontend?
thx

More
11 years 11 months ago #105991 by Gregwh

Richard wrote: Hi Greg
in the user page of K2 all the users are in an activated
no groups
tryed JCommens, also nothing in frontend?
thx

That is your problem, then. I will try and demonstrate this in text. Under Component/K2/Users you should see all users with these two columns, amongst others:

Joomla! Group Group

Under that you should show both as Registered in both columns. If the Joomla! Group says Registered and the Group says nothing then that is why you cannot get comments working and was why it wouldnt work for one of my own. You should be able to use MOVE on any user and move the user into the K2 Registered column but for reasons unknown, it didnt work for me so I had to delete the user, have the user register like she was a new user and once that happened, the user automatically had the Group show up as Registered, too.

Group, next to Joomla! Group is the K2 side.

• Richard
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #105992 by Richard
Do I have to do that on every registered User?
then this feature is NOT useable :angry:

I want that every registered User can add a comment, only me to administrate and activate these comments (because of spambots..).

tried it with k2-User and Group, also nothing in the frontend.... :angry:

More
11 years 11 months ago #105993 by Gregwh

Richard wrote: Do I have to do that on every registered User?
then this feature is NOT useable :angry:

I want that every registered User can add a comment, only me to administrate and activate these comments (because of spambots..).

tried it with k2-User and Group, also nothing in the frontend.... :angry:

The COMMENT feature is ONLY controlled by the person who made the item up that is being commented upon or you as Admin. If you are the person who posted the item then it will always be you. If you DID post the item but changed the user name who posted it, then you can administer comments as admin but not from the front end as far as I am aware.

Yes, for it to work, in both the "Joomla! Group" field and the "Group" field (K2 entry) *HAVE* to both be filled in. As I stated before, one of my users DIDNT have both filled in for reasons unknown and that user had the same problem you have experienced. I deleted the user and had them logon as a new user and that filled both fields in and all worked right from there on. So, the answer is that if you dont have both fields, your comments dont work. If every single user doesnt have the K2 "Group" field filled in, I have to ask if you are using the Joomla logon process or the K2 one? See, if you dont use the K2 one then things dont work right.

Greg.

• Richard
More
11 years 11 months ago #105994 by Richard
I am asking me if the k2 comment feature is the right for me??

I am writing articles only. registered users can post comments that I administrate.

using the K2 Login, but nothing in frontend...

thx Greg, but that no other can help me out, especially the developers or forum admins, I have to think of if I am right here...

More
11 years 11 months ago #105995 by Gregwh

Richard wrote: I am asking me if the k2 comment feature is the right for me??

I am writing articles only. registered users can post comments that I administrate.

using the K2 Login, but nothing in frontend...

thx Greg, but that no other can help me out, especially the developers or forum admins, I have to think of if I am right here...

Well, it WILL work for you. If all users have both fields filled in they can all comment on what anyone posts but only YOU can administer them as front end user (same account that posted the writing) or backend as admin.

If you look at chapter 1 of the book in Fantasy at www.sell-my-books.com you will see a comment at the end of the posting already. Anyone who reads that who is also registered on that site can comment on it (per settings).

As to why none of the K2 programmer crowd helping, get used to it. When I tried to put K2 in on that site I had problems and it was another user that pointed out what I was doing wrong but it was SUCH a buried option I wouldnt have found it. Once that one was out of the way, the rest fell into place. While there is ZERO support from the support people here, you get help from other users and there IS a K2 course online as well at a learning site or two out there. You know if all else fails in the end you can private message me if you want me to do anything in the back end of your site. Basically, though, those two fields HAVE to be filled in or you dont get comments. BTW, you DID import all the Joomla stuff including the user database right? Also, you DO have K2 user Groups set up and the default set under the K2 parameters/advanced and you DID set all the Parameters under K2 using the Paremeters button, right? The rule of thumb with K2 is to be like Fargo out of Eureka and keep pressing buttons! ;-}

Greg.

• Richard
More
11 years 11 months ago #105996 by Richard
Hi Greg

OK, lets try to bring it online on my page :woohoo:

Can not send you a PN, can you write me an email on my page? thx!
then I will give you the user and password to login
www.cobra427.at
where are you from?