Keyword

New K2 install but does not show on frontend

• Jessie Billy
  • Jessie Billy's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #106037 by Jessie Billy
New K2 install but does not show on frontend was created by Jessie Billy
Hi,
1. I installed K2 on 2.5x with JCE. K2 edit screen shows on articles in backend but is not coming up in frontend. I only see the Joomla article editor with JCE, don't see any K2 tabs like in the back end.
2. I don't see K2 in the control panel as well.

Thanks for the help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #106038 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: New K2 install but does not show on frontend
Not sure what you mean "installed K2 with jce"
If you have successfully installed K2 with the extension manager, you should click components and there should be a link there to the k2 component.
You will need to add a category, the add an item to the category, and then create a Joomla menu link to your k2 content for it to show on the front end

• Jessie Billy
  • Jessie Billy's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #106039 by Jessie Billy
Replied by Jessie Billy on topic Re: New K2 install but does not show on frontend
JCE is an an editor.
I have exisitng article and categories. They show up on the front page. I imported them into K2 and my exisiting articles show in the component config you are talking about. On the backend I can click my imported article and the K2 tabs show up but when I go to the front end the joomla artilce editor is all I see.

More
11 years 11 months ago #106040 by Gregwh

Jess wrote: JCE is an an editor.
I have exisitng article and categories. They show up on the front page. I imported them into K2 and my exisiting articles show in the component config you are talking about. On the backend I can click my imported article and the K2 tabs show up but when I go to the front end the joomla artilce editor is all I see.

It is because you are showing content using the Joomla article rather than the K2 item. Add, in the back end, a test article to any K2 category of your choice. Now go to the Menu manager and to the menu under that category where your K2 new test article is supposed to be and edit the menu that SHOULD be in control of it. Click to edit the Menu Item Type. Selection is per whatever is your preference but for the sake of argument, let us say you wanted to show anything within a certain category (and match the category to your new test article here). Choose "Latest items from one or more users or categories" and save it. That shows the K2 content. Once you have done that you have to stay where you are in the back end and then move down the page to Category Settings and add the right category there. You CAN add the user as well if you wish but a posting by ANY user in that category if you do NOT add any users means that any posting by anyone in the category will show up on the front end.

Confusing? If so, go to www.sell-my-books.com where all this is actually working and leave me a message on the front page. I can go in to your administrator back end and set one lot up for you to work, you can study it and change the rest if you like.