Keyword

K2Story Issue - K2 items not saving in database!

• Tessa Mero
  • Tessa Mero's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #106051 by Tessa Mero
When my new users register and try to post a k2story, the article doesn't show up in admin panel or even in the database!

But, for all accounts I've had previous to installing k2story, even registered user accounts, they can post with no issues.

In K2itemlist database table, each user submits an article and a new row appears to their username. But the itemid is showing up as 0 for each row, except the old registered users of course.

I can create k2 items with no issues on backend.

I'm not sure if this relates to another issue, but on the k2_users table, everytime I log in, it adds a new row to the database as user id 0 and all sections are NULL. It's doing this for a majority of users.

Anyone have ideas ??

Joomla Version 2.5.7
K2 Version 2.5.7
K2Story Version 1.7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #106052 by Gregwh

Tessa Mero wrote: When my new users register and try to post a k2story, the article doesn't show up in admin panel or even in the database!

But, for all accounts I've had previous to installing k2story, even registered user accounts, they can post with no issues.

In K2itemlist database table, each user submits an article and a new row appears to their username. But the itemid is showing up as 0 for each row, except the old registered users of course.

I can create k2 items with no issues on backend.

I'm not sure if this relates to another issue, but on the k2_users table, everytime I log in, it adds a new row to the database as user id 0 and all sections are NULL. It's doing this for a majority of users.

Anyone have ideas ??

Joomla Version 2.5.7
K2 Version 2.5.7
K2Story Version 1.7

Sounds to me like you are using the Joomla logon module not the K2 logon module. Did you set that up right?

• Tessa Mero
More
11 years 11 months ago #106053 by Tessa Mero
Hi Greg,

I have 2 logon modules on my site. Top right is JFBConnect and bottom area is K2 Login.

I also fixed by k2_login id = 0 issue by opening each user, selecting a group, and saving/closing it.

But the issue with the users submitting k2stories still exist after fixing that. =[

Cache is set to off.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #106054 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2Story Issue - K2 items not saving in database!
If you can disable k2story and add a k2 item from the frontend - I would check the jetensions.co.in website's forum to see if this issue has been discussed there

More
11 years 11 months ago #106055 by Gregwh

Tessa Mero wrote: Hi Greg,

I have 2 logon modules on my site. Top right is JFBConnect and bottom area is K2 Login.

I also fixed by k2_login id = 0 issue by opening each user, selecting a group, and saving/closing it.

But the issue with the users submitting k2stories still exist after fixing that. =[

Cache is set to off.

I dont know JFBConnect though I did look it up. I dont use it. However there is one way to make sure if that is why things arent working. Create yourself a user level account through only the K2 logon module. With that account try and do what it is you say isnt working now. If it works, then you know where the problem is and you probably have to go back to the JFBconnect people for a solution. If it doesnt fix it then it is likely to be one of your site's extensions. You could try by uninstalling one at a time and using the K2 logon for your regular registered use account to see if it works now.

One problem I noted the other day that others are complaining about here is that you cannot get the comments section to work with registered users. I found this was because the Joomla side of one of my registered users said registered but the K2 side was blank. I deleted the user and got her to create another account which, then, filled in both sides normally and all worked OK from there. So, with that in mind I wanted to ask if you have abnormalities like that in your K2 userbase.

Lastly, to use a K2 module to add a K2 item (story on your site for example), you have to use a K2 logon. It points out to me that the other logon module isnt properly linked with K2 either by your mistake or a mistake in the module. Either way, you probably wont get the answer here as fast as getting it at the site of the person who created the module.

Greg.

• Tessa Mero
More
11 years 11 months ago #106056 by Tessa Mero

William White wrote: If you can disable k2story and add a k2 item from the frontend - I would check the jextensions.co.in website's forum to see if this issue has been discussed there

Thanks William White. Unfortunately that website is no longer in service and it mentioned it's now in the JED.

I cannot test with adding items with regular k2 because it seems to be broken and the "Add New Item" repeats about 5 times and doesn't allow you to submit it.

For some reason K2 and K2Story are not linking with each other. This is not good!

By the way, i really appreciate your time!

• Tessa Mero
More
11 years 11 months ago #106057 by Tessa Mero

I dont know JFBConnect though I did look it up. I dont use it. However there is one way to make sure if that is why things arent working. Create yourself a user level account through only the K2 logon module. With that account try and do what it is you say isnt working now. If it works, then you know where the problem is and you probably have to go back to the JFBconnect people for a solution. If it doesnt fix it then it is likely to be one of your site's extensions. You could try by uninstalling one at a time and using the K2 logon for your regular registered use account to see if it works now.

I can use any login component and add the JFB Connect code inside it to show the login button. The registration process from the core joomla login, JFBConnect login, and k2 login are all on the K2 registration page. I'm assuming this isn't a conflict in any way after a lot of time testing.

One problem I noted the other day that others are complaining about here is that you cannot get the comments section to work with registered users. I found this was because the Joomla side of one of my registered users said registered but the K2 side was blank. I deleted the user and got her to create another account which, then, filled in both sides normally and all worked OK from there. So, with that in mind I wanted to ask if you have abnormalities like that in your K2 userbase.

I discovered these "abnormalities" when I added some users in the backend core user component. I realized it really messes up things. Users should only be added through k2 registration or K2 user section. :-) (I'm a newer user of K2).

Lastly, to use a K2 module to add a K2 item (story on your site for example), you have to use a K2 logon. It points out to me that the other logon module isnt properly linked with K2 either by your mistake or a mistake in the module. Either way, you probably wont get the answer here as fast as getting it at the site of the person who created the module.

I'm thinking this may be the issue. K2Story and K2 aren't linking with each other. For some reason I thought K2Story was made by K2. But obviously K2 Story was created by a 3rd party company. :-)

Thank you very much for the responses. It means more to me than you think! And it definitely helps shorten my hours of troubleshooting, haha. :P

More
11 years 11 months ago #106058 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2Story Issue - K2 items not saving in database!

I cannot test with adding items with regular k2 because it seems to be broken and the "Add New Item" repeats about 5 times and doesn't allow you to submit it.

For some reason K2 and K2Story are not linking with each other. This is not good!

Please supply a link to your site if it is live. K2 2.57 should be stable and the front end editing should work unless you have javascript errors. If you are using k2story in order to simplify the front end add item form you can use css to hide the tabs that you do not want users to see when adding an item. Also, are you using the k2 user module or the k2 login module?

• Tessa Mero
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #106059 by Tessa Mero

William White wrote:

Please supply a link to your site if it is live. K2 2.57 should be stable and the front end editing should work unless you have javascript errors. If you are using k2story in order to simplify the front end add item form you can use css to hide the tabs that you do not want users to see when adding an item. Also, are you using the k2 user module or the k2 login module?

I'm using K2 User Module on the bottom left where you click on "Post your press release" tab, (not the menu). The top right is the jfbconnect that overrides the joomla core login.

But I have tested on both sections and no luck.

The "Add New Item" and "My Account" only shows up on K2 User module if you are an admin. I'm not sure how to change the privileges of it.

You can add a K2 Story by clicking on the menu item "Post your press release" and "Post your press release". You can view the list of your k2 items by clicking on "My Account" within the "Post your press release" menu item.

hispanic.com is the website.

I plan on not using k2 user login. I would like to get rid of both login sections and put a button on the top right corner using BT Login or something just as nice, which works great with K2.

More
11 years 11 months ago #106060 by william white
I created an account with the k2 user login, added an item w k2 story, captua, then submit, all worked as expected from front end for me. Please check backend