Keyword

Getting K2 calendar to work for us

• Marc Engle
  • Marc Engle's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #106156 by Marc Engle
Getting K2 calendar to work for us was created by Marc Engle
I apologize if this has been answered before, but I was unable to find my answer if it was.

Basically the website I am developing/running has an upcoming events component. we've used the K2 items to create a simple image of the event flyer and extra info. The events is showcased using the news_pro_gk4 module and when the end user clicks on the thumbnail in that mod, they are presented with the event page complete with extra information. In conjunction with that, the boss man wants a calendar that will show all the event days. The built in K2 blogstyle calendar is perfect for what we want. However...

The problem is that when we click on a date of the calendar, it shows the filtered list of events at the end of the front page rather than opening a clean page with JUST those events. Is their a way to force that filtered list to open on its own?

The testing site is up at www.20thfss.com/2012 . Right now the calendar mod is on all pages and not in the position it will end up in just for testing purposes. The upcoming events module are at the bottom of the page...if you click on event, that is what we'd like the page to look like when you click on a date in the calendar.

Thanks in advance for any help. I am a joomla newbie and I haven't had much luck with PHP, so this kinda brought me up short.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marc Engle
  • Marc Engle's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #106157 by Marc Engle
Replied by Marc Engle on topic Re: Getting K2 calendar to work for us
Update -

Made some changes to module positions to achieve the effect I was looking for...sort of. Realized the K2 filtered items list was opening in the content section of the page. Our home page wasn't utilizing the content area so all the module positions we used was forcing the content to the bottom of the page.

I'd still LOVE a way to force that filtered list to open in its own page if anyone has any ideas.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #106158 by david
Replied by david on topic Re: Getting K2 calendar to work for us
Hi Marc! have you been able to solve this? i'm having the same problem...