Keyword

Cannot hide Title, Read more and Category of Items

More
11 years 11 months ago #106181 by Josh
Hello ,

I'm pretty new to Joomla and K2, so please excuse me, if the question is stupid but I can't figure it out by myself. I run Joomla 2.5 and installed the K2, I made up a news category in K2 and some items.
Playing around with the options, I can hide/show some stuff of the items. But no matter what I try, I cannot hide the title, date, read more and Category of the items in the frontend. I tried it in the category options and the item options, but no result.

Thank you for your help!
Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #106182 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Cannot hide Title, Read more and Category of Items
Have you tried setting the "item view in category listings" paramaters?

More
11 years 11 months ago #106183 by Josh
I tried to set every parameter I could find to HIDE, and still these four things show up

More
11 years 11 months ago #106184 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Cannot hide Title, Read more and Category of Items
also, check your menu link settings and if using a k2 module check the settings for the module

More
11 years 11 months ago #106185 by Gregwh

Josh wrote: Hello ,

I'm pretty new to Joomla and K2, so please excuse me, if the question is stupid but I can't figure it out by myself. I run Joomla 2.5 and installed the K2, I made up a news category in K2 and some items.
Playing around with the options, I can hide/show some stuff of the items. But no matter what I try, I cannot hide the title, date, read more and Category of the items in the frontend. I tried it in the category options and the item options, but no result.

Thank you for your help!
Josh

The main area for this is to go to Components/K2 and then click the Parameters button. Once in there, you need the first tab, laout and Views. You will see those things mentioned in the three subsections under that area. Turn them all off for a test because it depends on what it is you have been doing as to how and when they show up.

However, once you have changed those items and saved them, a category under K2 can override them. The purpose behind this is that you may not want an option to show anywhere in the site excepting in one area (or more) so turning it off site wide and then turning it back on for the right area fixes that. After that, you have the Menu Manager and the particular menus themselves which ALL have overriding options. The thing that can trick you here is that you may have a top level category and turn everything off in the K2 category and then you go make a menu for that category and forget to turn them all off for that so now they are all back on for submenus and that top level menu.

So, you have to turn it off in your menus starting with the top level menu but an easy trick I did that K2 offers is that you set one menu with the options you want all to have and then you have every other menu inherit the parameters of that one menu if you want them all to be the same. That way they ALL do the same thing and later, if you want to change something on all menus, you go back to that menu that all others inherit from, change it there and they all do the same. The problem is if you want one menu to HAVE that option and the rest not to have it. In this case you need to separately change it.

Lastly, every single K2 item can override site wide and category and menu options. So, if you want the whole site NOT to show something and set it that way but want this ONE ITEM to show it then you can change the options in that one item. While this may not be where your problem is, if you change things above as I have put it and it is still there then it IS a problem within your K2 item itself.

Greg.

More
11 years 11 months ago #106186 by Josh
Thank you at all of you, the problem was in the menu parameters, i didn't check there before.

Thank you Greg for the detailed explanation, I guess it'll prevent me from some hassle setting up the site.