Keyword

Image archive (browsing)

• Andrea Bioli
  • Andrea Bioli's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #106198 by Andrea Bioli
Image archive (browsing) was created by Andrea Bioli
Hi to everybody.
I'm really new to K2/Joomla, so I was wondering if it's possible, on creating a magazine/community site, let users create image archives, where guests can browse/search them.
For example, under category 'Sport', there are three articles, and each has three pictures: how may I let guests browse through the nine pictures (maybe on a 'Sports pictures' page), or see nine thumbnails, all on the same page?
Thanks in advance.
Andrea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #106199 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Image archive (browsing)
Simple image gallery pro - may be the solution you are looking for
each k2 item has a gallery containing x number of images.
You will have to create a seperate k2 item and use a gallery with all the images you want people to be able to browze

• Andrea Bioli
  • Andrea Bioli's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #106200 by Andrea Bioli
Replied by Andrea Bioli on topic Re: Image archive (browsing)
Thanks again, William.
To clarify the situation, let's make a small (realistic) example:
I sell a (social) site to a small city (let's say 5.000 people): there will be people writing articles about the local sport teams, music groups, events, classical concerts, political problems, and so on...
Each one will want to post some picture, and I see as a plus that people, that are always curious! :-), can browse ALL the picture inserted in the site, ordered by reverse date, or ALL the picture in a category (sport, music...)
I think it's strange that noone thought about a little service like this, it shouldn't be difficult, and would be a great service!
Think also to have a little module on the home page with the last 5 pictures inserted by users... it would surely make people come back often just to see if they know someone, if there is something funny...
Andrea