Keyword

Custom advertising handling

• Andrea Bioli
  • Andrea Bioli's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #106201 by Andrea Bioli
Custom advertising handling was created by Andrea Bioli
Hi to everybody.
I'm really new to Joomla/K2, and I'm quickly studying everything I can find (and on K2 it's not too much, even it looks like a wonderful piece of code...).
Now I'm wondering what can be the correct strategy to handle custom advertising on a site: I mean, it would be wonderful if I could let registered users (Site Owners) to insert edit Ad pages, images, and positioning on the pages... How could it be done?
Thanks in advance
Andrea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #106202 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Custom advertising handling

and on K2 it's not too much

Start here
getk2.org/documentation/k2class2012
Watch all the movies - They are good, and explain a lot about how k2 works.

As far as the advertizing - that could mean a lot of things, like the ads on the right column of this page, but your question refers to pages... Do you mean advertizing or content being added by your users?

• Andrea Bioli
  • Andrea Bioli's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #106203 by Andrea Bioli
Replied by Andrea Bioli on topic Re: Custom advertising handling
Hi William, thanks for your interest.
I have to say that before finding out about Joomla/K2, I was creating from scratch the solution I'm trying to realize: now I find that 80% of the services are already done by Joomla/K2, but I miss a couple of functions (the other one is in the other message: I see you answered to that, too, but I still have to read it! :-)).
So, to explain, in my original version, I created (ASP.NET/C#) a little engine that let users add an image, a text, and a custom page, that realize a 'sponsor' (I don't know how to call it...).
This should let my customers to generate the money to pay my service, without any intervention on my side.
The engine shows randomly a certain number (customer-decided) of ads, moving them at every page requested. So, if you have ten sponsors, and ask for only 6 on the page, every page will have 6 out of 10 in the page, never the same, and never on the same position. Only Premium sponsors appear in the top position, so my customers can ask for more money... :-)
Since I think this is very important, for the business I'm starting to create, I was just wondering what I can have in Joomla/K2 to obtain a similar result.
I talked about ASP.NET/C# just because I'm NOT fluent in php, so I wouldn't want to learn just another programming language... :-(
Thanks again
Andrea