Keyword

Article Comments: stuck at "loading.gif"

• Mustafa Aykut EGE
  • Mustafa Aykut EGE's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #106275 by Mustafa Aykut EGE
Article Comments: stuck at "loading.gif" was created by Mustafa Aykut EGE
Hi all,

As this is my first post, I wanted to thank the JoomlaWorks team for giving us K2. You've done such a great job that I almost feel guilty asking for more help:)

I'm having a problem with getting the comments to work. Every time someone tries to post a comment under one of the items, the spinning/loading .gif next to the "submit" button just keeps on spinning/loading forever and ever.

I suppose the problem is with JQuery, so I tried to play around with the library setting in the K2 settings, but it makes no difference. I have a few other elements on the page that use javascript, including an ajax newsletter box, but they all work in perfect harmony. In fact, I tried disabling some of them - but the comments still do not work.

Anyone has the same problem? A possible solution?

Thanks in advance,

Boris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #106276 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Article Comments: stuck at "loading.gif"
Hi. Is there a link to your site?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Mustafa Aykut EGE
More
11 years 10 months ago #106277 by Mustafa Aykut EGE
Replied by Mustafa Aykut EGE on topic Re: Article Comments: stuck at "loading.gif"
Hi Lefteris,

Here is a random item from the site:

www.x-tramed.com/urology/davinci-urology

It's in Russian - hope that's no biggie.

• Mustafa Aykut EGE
More
11 years 10 months ago #106278 by Mustafa Aykut EGE
Replied by Mustafa Aykut EGE on topic Re: Article Comments: stuck at "loading.gif"
OK fixed it - I figured I'll explain what was wrong in case someone makes the same mistake as I did:

A while back I decided that it was a good idea to write a 301 redirect from /index.php to / (basically to the main page). That's because in Joomla, your main page can be reached under 3 different addresses:

/
/main
/index.php

So I wanted to accumulate all the pagerank on a single page.

To cut a long story short, the way K2 is written this could be a problem. I found the problem in the code, but I'm not sure how to "scientifically" explain it.

BTW, this can also be a problem when you have enabled the K2 User Profile and a user tried to register: it's looking for /index.php but cannot find it.

Feels good to have things fixed.

Goodnight.