• Denise Montana
  • Denise Montana's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #106293 by Denise Montana
none of the k2 functionality is working was created by Denise Montana
Joomla 2.5.8
K2 2.6.1

I'm having difficulty with several "functional" parts of K2:

1- Item ratings: only displays the text "Rate this item" and the number of votes (see attached screenshot). When I hover over the space in between those two text items, I see tooltips for the links [ex- 1 star out of 5] and I can click on them but there is nothing displayed on the page.

2- K2 tools-Tag Cloud: My tag cloud module displays all of the appropriate tags but when I click on one of the tags, no content is displayed in the resulting page. The breadcrumbs show "Displaying items by tag: tagname" but if I look at the source code, there's no content in the in div.tagItemView, although the content shows the correct number of .tagItemView divs for each tag.

3- K2 tools-Search: Same issue as with tags. When I enter a search term, nothing displays in the content area of the resulting page. In this case, though, the content doesn't show the correct number of .genericItemView divs for a search term.

I'm wondering if these are all related to a javascript issue but haven't been able to find a solution that fixes them.

Any help will be appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Denise Montana
  • Denise Montana's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #106294 by Denise Montana
Replied by Denise Montana on topic Re: none of the k2 functionality is working
Ok, I solved 2 & 3 -- I found the parameters that dictate what displays in the tag cloud and search module.

On issue #1 -- I notice the following in the CSS:

.itemRatingList a {
text-indent: -1000px;
}

If I manually change the text-indent for each of the rating options to something positive, it overrides the above and they show up. So I can fix it, but that feels like something I shouldn't have to do. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

More
11 years 10 months ago #106295 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: none of the k2 functionality is working
Hi. This is probably your template's issue. K2 has default CSS applied to the rating widget. You can apply "?template=atomic" to the URL to see the default K2 styling for rating.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)