Keyword

K2 not importing user groups

• Kavita
  • Kavita's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #106317 by Kavita
K2 not importing user groups was created by Kavita
Hi,

I just downloaded and installed K2 in my Joomla 2.5. I then imported all the Joomla content, and everything seems to have gone through, except my user groups. User groups are the most important part of my website, and I have a custom profile plugin running, which is interacting with these user groups. So I need my user groups, and creating new ones might changes IDs etc, which I want to avoid if possible. My site is still under development, so the content is dummy, so I can create new groups if required, but will it interact the same way with my profile plugin??

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Kavita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #106318 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 not importing user groups
K2 has its own user groups which are in addition to joomla user groups. You can add more user groups. These groups are used to assign front end editing abilities for k2 items
I would check with the plugin maker about compatiablilty

• Kavita
  • Kavita's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #106319 by Kavita
Replied by Kavita on topic Re: K2 not importing user groups
Thanks for your response William.

I am not entirely sure of what you mean by saying that K2 has additional groups. Does this mean that my existing Joomla User groups still exist? So them not showing up in my K2 dashboard, under User Groups is normal? Not even the standard Registered, Public, Special user groups etc are listed under K2. Currently my users listed in the K2 dashboard have no User Groups listed in that column.

More
11 years 10 months ago #106320 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 not importing user groups
After installing k2 you should see in the k2 dashboard users and user groups

After a new import of joomla contnet you should go to the k2 dashboard and click users, you will see both Joomla User group and Group columns

You must create k2 user groups, set their permissions, then goto k2 users and assign them to a k2 user group