Keyword

Can't Hide Category Title And Article Count

• Theron G. Burrough
  • Theron G. Burrough's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #106349 by Theron G. Burrough
Can't Hide Category Title And Article Count was created by Theron G. Burrough
Hello. I am new to Joomla! and have been learning K2 about a day. Using Joomla! 2.5, Gantry 4 and K2 Version 2.6.1. Website is theron.biz and troublesome URLs are

www.theron.biz/computers-and-technology
and
www.theron.biz/computers-and-technology/personal-computers

I understood Joomla! well enough to put my basic content on theron.biz before I got K2. Then I installed K2 and imported my content. Now I am trying to replace the existing menu items, categories and items with K2 content.

I started by creating a menu item named Tech, and made it type K2 Category. Then I selected the imported K2 category Technology.

I also created a sub-category and corresponding menu item for Personal Computers.

The trouble is I cannot remove what I believe are the Category Title, Folder Icon, Article Count and RSS Icon from the page created by the K2 Category, nor its Sub-Category. They show up if I click Tech or Personal Computers.

After reading several posts here, I believe I have changed every single Title Display to Hidden, excepting Article Titles, which I turned back on. I did that at the entire K2 Parameters, Category, Menu and Joomla! Defaults. Also the K2 Content Module and K2 Tools Module. I have hidden everything. I did as Greg suggested in this post:

getk2.org/community/advsearch?q=category+title&searchuser=greg&exactname=1&childforums=1

Looks like either:

Something is not working (Gantry installed before K2?)

or

I missed a menu option, which I think is impossible (though I did not find "Menu Parameters" which the person who Greg helped said was his or her problem)

or

I need to edit the K2 Code per some more experienced person's instructions. Maybe I should create my own K2 template from the beginning?

If the latter, should I be doing all my work in an override? Looks like you need to know some PHP and CSS to use K2. (That's not at all a criticism, and I am learning them.)

Thank you for any advice on this vexing problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #106350 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Can't Hide Category Title And Article Count
remove what I believe are the Category Title, Folder Icon, Article Count and RSS Icon from the page created by the K2 Category, nor its Sub-Category

Goto your k2 category in question and check the settings on the right labeled
category view settings
item view in category settings
you should be able to hide most anything you want there

• Theron G. Burrough
  • Theron G. Burrough's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #106351 by Theron G. Burrough
Replied by Theron G. Burrough on topic Re: Can't Hide Category Title And Article Count
Thank you very much for your help. When I went to the Category View Options I found they were not all hidden as I expected.

Most embarrassing! I am fairly confident I checked "Hide" for every single thing that could be hidden in the Category.

More
11 years 5 months ago #106352 by Chandra Sekhar
Replied by Chandra Sekhar on topic Re: Can't Hide Category Title And Article Count
Hello ,

I have a same problem , Here i tried to hide the category title under the item listing
please check this link walkwaydesigns.in/heritage2/index.php/component/k2/itemlist/category/12-theatre

I would like to hide the category title (theatre is my category title) please let me know if any experts !

Regards,
Chandra