Keyword

why is my website slow and what can i do about it

• tim
  • tim's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #106431 by tim
Hi, i have a website www.in2town.co.uk which has become very slow since using k2 and i do not know what to do about it.

I am hoping the nice people on this community will be able to help me speed my site up and make it faster.

I am on a dedicated server which i hoped to speed the site up but i have been told that it is the k2 that is slowing my site down.

any help would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #106432 by Mustafa Aykut EGE
Replied by Mustafa Aykut EGE on topic Re: why is my website slow and what can i do about it
Not sure if K2 is what is slowing your site down. In fact it opened just fine for me. Have you noticed an increase in loading times on Google Analytics?

Anyway, I can suggest cloudflare.com - I'm using it.

• tim
  • tim's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #106433 by tim
hi. if you go to my home page www.in2town.co.uk then it is not to bad, the problem happens if you go to the menu bar and press the travel section, or showbiz gossip, or soap gossip or go on the home page and press one of the articles, this is when it becomes real slow

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
11 years 10 months ago #106434 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: why is my website slow and what can i do about it
You seem to be using 2.5 SVN have you tried upgrading to 2.6.1 or try testing with the default joomla template, just an idea :)

K2 Rocks \m/

More
11 years 10 months ago #106435 by Lefteris
@tim

Make sure that you have enabled the Joomla! caching as well as the "System - Cache" plugin.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)