Keyword

[SOLV]Error page when submitting incmplete article

• onezero
  • onezero's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #106540 by onezero
Hi,

I got the following Problem and I really don't know where to search for a solution:

When someone tries to submit an incomplete article from the frontend with the itemform view, he gets redirected to "index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&cid=0" which just brings up the 404 page.

cid=0 is what its causing I guess, but instead of redirecting there it should actually just show the error message on the itemform view (like "Title is missing", etc.).

When I do manually go back in browser after the incorrect redirect (so goin back to the form) the error message actually is shown at the top as system-message.

Any idea what causes this?

In the itemform view when you click save the javascript function "submitbutton('save')" is called, which seems to belong to joomla core from my google searches. But I couldnt find the actual code yet or what might cause the error.

Is this known or does anyone have an idea?

Additional info: I got the latest Version of Joomla 2.5 and also K2 installed. Didnt tweak any core Files, just a custom Template, but this error also occurs when using a standard theme.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• onezero
  • onezero's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #106541 by onezero
Ohhh maaan I'm so good!

I managed to fix that error by editing the K2ItemModel in /administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php

In the function save() find: