Keyword

Gallery questions

• Glenn Gilchrist
  • Glenn Gilchrist's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #106622 by Glenn Gilchrist
Gallery questions was created by Glenn Gilchrist
I purchased a Joomla template from templatemonster and through that discovered K2. Nice system. I have been through all of the tutorial videos but am stumped on how to make a fairly major change to the way the photo gallery is set up in their sample data. The sample data has a Gallery main menu item that is K2 Category. It lists all if the K2 items that are assigned to the Gallery Category. These are the actual photos in the Gallery. So if you have one Gallery of photos, this works well. The menu shows each image and if you click it you see a larger version.

I have many Galleries, and each one is made up of several images. So when I choose Gallery from the main menu, I want to see a Category list of Galleries (actually the image associated with the Gallery). Then when I click the image I want to go to the screen of images as set up above. So I set up some sub categories of my Gallery Category, but I cant work out the behaviour.

Help appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tomasz Bieliński
More
11 years 10 months ago #106623 by Tomasz Bieliński
Replied by Tomasz Bieliński on topic Re: Gallery questions
The best way is to use Simple Image Gallery by JW. Here is what I obtained with it (Pro version):
www.witraze.info/art-glass-gallery/stained-glass/stained-glass-public-buildings

regards Tomek

• Glenn Gilchrist
  • Glenn Gilchrist's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #106624 by Glenn Gilchrist
Replied by Glenn Gilchrist on topic Re: Gallery questions
Thank you - nicely done site. I did hope, however, to accomplish this with the basic K2 functionality, if for no other reason than as a learning experience. I am sure this is well within its capabilities.