Keyword

Title & Text not displaying correctly

• Nabil EL KADIRI
  • Nabil EL KADIRI's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #106707 by Nabil EL KADIRI
Title & Text not displaying correctly was created by Nabil EL KADIRI
Hello,

I'm working on a website using a gavickpro template and k2, and I have a problem displaying k2 articles.

When title is showing, the text is shifted into the latest title's letter's position (see k2-title.png attached).

To get the text displayed correctly I need to hide the title from article settings, then it looks like it is shown in k2-notitle.png attached.

My question is, how do I get to show the title and text both in the right position?

Regards.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #106708 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Title & Text not displaying correctly
some css should do it, please post a link to your site
also it would be good to be sure the overrides provided by your template are up to date with the k2 changes recently

• Nabil EL KADIRI
More
11 years 10 months ago #106709 by Nabil EL KADIRI
Replied by Nabil EL KADIRI on topic Re: Title & Text not displaying correctly
Hi and thanks for your reply,

Frontend site is www.dallascoiffure.be, it is still under construction I opened it temporaly until you take a look at it, then I'll close it down.

I don't use override.css if that is what you mean, and I use this version of k2: K2 v2.6.1

An article is set to show title: www.dallascoiffure.be/produits-dallas-coiffure/matrix-l-oreal/biolage/exquisiteoil.html

All other articles, just like: www.dallascoiffure.be/salon-de-coiffure-a-uccle-bruxelles-dallas-coiffure.html, don't show title.

I also noticed that if you turn on showing "social buttons like sharethis" in the settings, the text is shifted a little bit, too, i.e: www.dallascoiffure.be/tarifs-prestations-promotions-actions-dallas-coiffure/tarifs-banc-solaire-solarium-dallas-coiffure-salon-coiffure-uccle-bruxelles.html

Please let me know if you need any other info.

• Nabil EL KADIRI
More
11 years 10 months ago #106710 by Nabil EL KADIRI

Nabil EL KADIRI wrote: Hi and thanks for your reply,

Frontend site is www.dallascoiffure.be, it is still under construction I opened it temporaly until you take a look at it, then I'll close it down.

I don't use override.css if that is what you mean, and I use this version of k2: K2 v2.6.1

An article is set to show title: www.dallascoiffure.be/produits-dallas-coiffure/matrix-l-oreal/biolage/exquisiteoil.html

All other articles, just like: www.dallascoiffure.be/salon-de-coiffure-a-uccle-bruxelles-dallas-coiffure.html, don't show title.

I also noticed that if you turn on showing "social buttons like sharethis" in the settings, the text is shifted a little bit, too, i.e: www.dallascoiffure.be/tarifs-prestations-promotions-actions-dallas-coiffure/tarifs-banc-solaire-solarium-dallas-coiffure-salon-coiffure-uccle-bruxelles.html

Well, I've played a little bit in the css trying to get it working as it should be, and modified these lines:

template.css :

p {
margin: 0.5em 0;
}

to :

p {
float: left;
}

Forces Text to be aligned correctly..

And in k2.css:

Line 304:

.itemHeader .itemTitle {
color: #ccc!important;
line-height: 110%;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}

to:

.itemHeader .itemTitle {
line-height: 20%;
margin: 0 0 0 -30px;
}

These 2 changes did the trick, can we do better than this?

• Nabil EL KADIRI
More
11 years 10 months ago #106711 by Nabil EL KADIRI

Nabil EL KADIRI wrote:

Well, I've played a little bit in the css trying to get it working as it should be, and modified these lines:

template.css :

p {
}

to :

p {
}

And in k2.css:

Line 304:

.itemHeader .itemTitle {
}

to:

.itemHeader .itemTitle {
}

Well, nevermind, the float: left added to template.css messed up some other things so I removed it now.

• Nabil EL KADIRI
More
11 years 10 months ago #106712 by Nabil EL KADIRI

Nabil EL KADIRI wrote:

Nabil EL KADIRI wrote:

template.css :

p {
}

to :

p {
}

And in k2.css:

Line 304:

.itemHeader .itemTitle {
}

to:

.itemHeader .itemTitle {
}

Well, nevermind, the float: left added to template.css messed up some other things so I removed it now.

Well, I've been looking into k2.css (from templates/template's_name/css/ and then looked into /components/com_k2/css/k2.css and noticed that in the line 197 of the file in /components/, there is this line:

div.itemFullText {}
div.itemFullText h3 {}
div.itemFullText p {margin:0;padding:16px 0 4px 0;}
div.itemFullText img {}

In the template css k2.css the itemFullText p has no css declarations for "p", adding that line to /templates/_template_/css/k.css (line 514) seem to fix the problem!

old code was:

.itemFullText h3 {
padding: 16px 0 4px 0;
}

.itemFullText img {
padding: 6px;
margin: 4px;
background: #fff;
}

new code is:

.itemFullText h3 {
padding: 16px 0 4px 0;
}
.itemFullText p {margin:0;padding:16px 0 4px 0;}

.itemFullText img {
padding: 6px;
margin: 4px;
background: #fff;
}

It seem to be OK now.