Keyword

SEO for K2

More
11 years 10 months ago #106713 by PET
SEO for K2 was created by PET
Hello,

I'm using Joomla 3 and I decided to install K2. After spending a lot of hours into customizing it I noticed the bad links:

mywebsite/component/k2/itemlist/category/1-review

Any idea how to make this more nice? I don't need component, k2,itemlist,category?

After spending so much on configuring it, templates, etc I noticed all I use from k2 are TAGS + Social Sharing so it woun't justify to use K2 and have such a bad link.

Suggestions?

Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #106714 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: SEO for K2
Hi. Try to add some menu links to your site to K2 categories. Regarding the tags there is a relative setting under K2 parameters which allows you to select a menu link to render for them.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #106715 by chilly_bang
Replied by chilly_bang on topic Re: SEO for K2
Hi Lefteris!

It is very sad to say, but your solution not for me (K2 2.6.2). I created menu points with all my categories, (single point to single category). After that i still have descibed problem. The problem is actually a bit bigger: in the exampled link mywebsite/component/k2/itemlist/category/1-review i can change any part of it except Item ID and will not get 404 error, although i must get 404 cause of wrong link!

I hope, i do something wrong, and you will find a solution without problem.

I posted in another thread a hack , which helps out with this issue and avoids duplicated urls/not given 404s. It is a dirty hack, and i hope, you will easy provide a more smart solution. You know all about your K2:)