Keyword

Few different question about K2 from ITALY :)

• Fabio Busatto
  • Fabio Busatto's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #106859 by Fabio Busatto
Few different question about K2 from ITALY :) was created by Fabio Busatto
Hi Everyone,

thank you for the very good job you have done with K2.

I'm developing new website for a client and I have the following issue:

SORTING:
I have linked my home page to a K2 Category through menu Voice (Home menu->K2 Category). I would like the items in that particular category to be sort as "Featured first" and "Older first". For i.e. I would like to be the first items shown to be featured if any followed by the oldest items add in that particular category. Unfortunately it seems that I could only choose one or the other. Is there any work around or anything I missed?

MORE CATEGORY IN THE HOME PAGE:
Is there a way that I could shown more than one category in the Home Page? How could I do that?

IMAGE RESIZE:
Website will be open to all; so any people can load images on items through the K2 front end with the image tab (not using the editor). So I can not maintain a fixed size, because each user will load the image they like and the size he wants. How can I fix this? I wish there was an auto-sizing for a list of articles in the category and that did not exceed a fixed width and height. I know that you could choose the width in the parametres, what about the height?

BACKGROUND COLOR PER FEATURED ITEMS:
Home Menu->Blog Category Layout->Show featured first
How could I set the background color for the featured items to be for example red in the blog category layout (not in the items itself)

Thank you for your Help!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #106860 by Lefteris
Hi. Regarding your questions:

1. When you can set the category to show only featured items. Then you can apply the featured ordering. To do this just go to the administration and filter to show only featured items in the list. This will substitute the default ordering.

2. You can make a menu link to K2 categories and select more than one.

3. You cannot fix this. K2 will resize the images to the dimensions defined under K2 parameters.

4. You need to make a template override and apply a CSS class to the featured items.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Fabio Busatto
More
11 years 10 months ago #106861 by Fabio Busatto
Replied by Fabio Busatto on topic Re: Few different question about K2 from ITALY :)
Dear,

thank your for your reply,

1)Please note I would like to set "Featured First" + "Older First". I can't find administration and filter, could you please explain to me exaclty where it is

2)If I choose more than one category, will I be able to set different layout options for them?

3)How could I change K2 parameters to auto resize image? Could you suggest any plugin? Will this code works?

line 420 on yoursite.com/components/com_k2/css/k2.css

replace :
div.catItemImageBlock {padding:8px;margin:0 0 16px 0;}
span.catItemImage {display:block;text-align:center;margin:0 0 8px 0;}
span.catItemImage img {border:1px solid #ccc;padding:8px;}

with:
div.catItemImageBlock {padding:8px;margin:0 0 16px 0;}
span.catItemImage {display:block;text-align:center;margin:0 0 8px 0;}
span.catItemImage img {border:1px solid #ccc;padding:8px; max-height:150px;}

4)Template override and apply a CSS class to the featured items: do you mean I should just add css code? Where is the path? Could you provide me with an example of the code?

• Fabio Busatto
More
11 years 10 months ago #106862 by Fabio Busatto
Replied by Fabio Busatto on topic Re: Few different question about K2 from ITALY :)
Hi,

no answer from the K2 Team???

More
11 years 10 months ago #106863 by Lefteris
1. Cannot be done. You can have only one sorting.
2. If you choose more than one category the layout options are coming from the menu settings.
3. The resize settings are under K2 parameters. Changing this will only affect new images.
4. I mean you need to edit the K2 layouts and add the class to the element. If you are not familiar with K2 templating please take a look at getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/item/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)