Keyword

Edit/create new items, but no changes seen

• zzafio
  • zzafio's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #106898 by zzafio
I have installed K2 (2.6.1)on a small J2.5.8 site, and imported joomla content - but after editing or creating new items they do not appear on the front end.

I think I have correctly enabled all k2 modules (but can't be sure). Also, after clicking import joomla content, is it necessary to delete or disable the original joomla content?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #106899 by Thomas Nabseth
Replied by Thomas Nabseth on topic Re: Edit/create new items, but no changes seen
Hi.

Have you been linking up your menu items to either a K2 item or category?

• zzafio
More
11 years 10 months ago #106900 by zzafio
No I haven't ! But I'll make some tests now I've had your kind hint.

I had to guess that I should import Joomla content when I saw "Import Joomla Content" in a K2 menu or tab. Am I now being a bit dense that I didn't follow this up by re-creating categories and menus, and more? (Minor rhetorical rant - no need for reply!).

Thanks for your help.

More
11 years 10 months ago #106901 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Edit/create new items, but no changes seen
The import j content will create categories in K2, all you have to do is the menus!
After importing, go to the k2 options and turn the import joomla content button off, so as not to do it again and duplicate all your content

• zzafio
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #106902 by zzafio

William White wrote: The import j content will create categories in K2, all you have to do is the menus!
After importing, go to the k2 options and turn the import joomla content button off, so as not to do it again and duplicate all your content

Re-making the menu links is doing the trick. I'll probably leave my J2.5.8 sites alone for now and devote my K2 testing to the latest J3.0.2

Nice as it would be to switch off the duplicate content button... I can't see any K2 Options, or anything in Parameters, etc.

More
11 years 10 months ago #106903 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Edit/create new items, but no changes seen
look for the Hide Import buttons in the advanced tab of 2.6.2

• zzafio
More
11 years 10 months ago #106904 by zzafio
Thanks, got it.

So, that's:
K2 >Items>Parameters>Advanced>Hide Import Buttons