Keyword

will deleting k2 content delete joomla content?

• Peter Anthony Gales
  • Peter Anthony Gales's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #106983 by Peter Anthony Gales
will deleting k2 content delete joomla content? was created by Peter Anthony Gales
Hi,
I'm noticing that my autosuggest is offering content that is unique to k2. Is it possible to delete all of K2 content without affecting the joomla categories? Or is everything deleted once you delete k2 content?

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #106984 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: will deleting k2 content delete joomla content?
If you delete the k2 items and k2 categories from the backend your joomla articles and categories will remain. All of your k2 functionality will be gone at this point.

If you use the joomla uninstaller both your k2 tables and k2 component will be deleted

As always backup before making changes

More
11 years 10 months ago #106985 by zzafio

William White wrote: If you delete the k2 items and k2 categories from the backend your joomla articles and categories will remain. All of your k2 functionality will be gone at this point...

Is the opposite also true? can I, or should I, delete original Joomla content after K2 items have been made to replace them?

More
11 years 10 months ago #106986 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: will deleting k2 content delete joomla content?
articles and itesm live in different tables....you can delete either one without the other

More
11 years 8 months ago #106987 by Jay Reeves
Another question along those same lines: Is there a way to delete the K2 users without deleting the Joomla/CB users?