Keyword

optimal server configuration for k2 websites

• vecdom
  • vecdom's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #107029 by vecdom
I have tried running a my k2 sites with a number of hosting providers and can't seem to accomplish speeds of the k2 demo site.

It would be nice it someone could post exact configuration of the k2 demo website so we can duplicate performance.

I am sure other would like to see this too.

I myself am at the point where client is leaning towards using another CMS unless I get my site to load under 3 seconds. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #107030 by nigratruo
Replied by nigratruo on topic Re: optimal server configuration for k2 websites
I do have the same problem: ever since my site migrated over to K2, it has become sluggish. When I edit an item and save it, it takes 17 seconds, sometimes even longer. I have had it time out due to the php limit. The contrast is stark, as before It was really fast and we are not talking about a huge site that I run, I have maybe 100 items and 95% of them text. I am just concerned, as I am one person and if it is already this slow with me, what will happen when more users are online? I'm using 2 levels of categories and all categories inherit the settings from the upper category and I noticed when I set that, it was timing out regularly, for some reason it is doing massive work in the background like this. Is there a document or FAQ for performance tuning? And kind of settings that should be increased to give K2 more breathing room?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.