Keyword

Related Content

• Paul Parisi
  • Paul Parisi's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #107172 by Paul Parisi
Related Content was created by Paul Parisi
I have a menu item named Latest (K2 » Latest items from (one or more) users or categories) which lists my articles just fine. I then click on an article from the list and it displays... I want to display "related" articles along side the article that is displayed.

I am not sure which menu item to specify in the module definition. I only want the related content to display when users click the article in the Latest list.

Thanks in advance,
Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #107173 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Related Content

• Paul Parisi
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #107174 by Paul Parisi
Replied by Paul Parisi on topic Re: Related Content
William,

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it very much.

This is a great module. However I think I might be missing something more simple. And it may be more of Joomla issue and not specific to K2.

Lets say I have a category listing under a menu item named Category (to keep it simple). I can put a module on the Category menu item. However, when I click on one of the items listed, I am brought to a page displaying the article... how do I put a module on that page? There is no menu item for the page displaying the article. How can I force the article to display under a "menu" item?

Thanks,
Paul.

More
11 years 10 months ago #107175 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Related Content
Im sure its something do do with the modules assignment. If you cannot get it to work with the default joomla module manager i would suggest advanced module manager from nonumber.nl (the paid version)
I will test a bit and get back to you later

• Paul Parisi
More
11 years 10 months ago #107176 by Paul Parisi
Replied by Paul Parisi on topic Re: Related Content
Thank you. As I have been working on this it seems that I need to force the article displayed by the link to load "under" a certain menu item. I do not see a way to do this in the listing component menu item.

Does this make sense?