Keyword

Need Layout Assistance...

• Taylor P
  • Taylor P's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #107236 by Taylor P
Need Layout Assistance... was created by Taylor P
First, let me say I wish I had been using K2 long ago. It is a recent discovery for me and I've realized I could have saved many headaches in developing my website if I had just used K2.

For the most part, I have figured most features out (still a couple of bumps). I am trying to do the following and I am sure it is just a setting somewhere. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm having trouble with my layout as I get deeper into nested categories. I am attemping to organize a little. I would like to accomplish the following layout:

CATEGORY 1
subcategory, subcategory, subcategory, subcategory,

CATEGORY 2
subcategory, subcategory, subcategory, subcategory, subcategory

The layout doesn't have to be like this exactly but I have a huge number of categories and subcategories and am looking for a way to organize them...and to show a list of categories under its main categories (without having to click on the main category).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #107237 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Need Layout Assistance...
That is not the way k2 normally does it, as i am sure you are aware.
If you have a template that has grid positions you could put a mod_k2_content in several positions to accomplish the same thing.
If not a very custom Category.php would be needed

• Taylor P
  • Taylor P's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #107238 by Taylor P
Replied by Taylor P on topic Re: Need Layout Assistance...
Yikes....That is what I was afraid of. Thanks for your response William, I appreciate it.

I'm not completely set in doing it that way, but am looking for a bit of organization. I'd like the title to each subcategory to show under the main category...and so forth down the chain.