Keyword

SEF URL's changed with 2.6.2 upgrade

• alexandre
  • alexandre's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #107241 by alexandre
SEF URL's changed with 2.6.2 upgrade was created by alexandre
Hello all

It's been a while since I've asked for help here, but I don't see this in the forum and it's puzzling me.

We've upgraded a 1.5 site to 2.5 migrating K2 and Virtuemart and the only changes are
- we stopped using joomfish and use joomla language filter+josetta
- stopped using sh404sef and are using the standard joomla SEF with mod_rewrite and the 301 redirector for old urls.

It's an ecommerce site and most content is based in VM, with K2 being used as a replacement for com_content for all the static pages an the promotions. Currently, aprox 400 k2 items and 200 VM products.

Our current SEF structure is something like www.mydomain.com/top_menu_level/second_menu_level.html

All appeared to be OK after the migration and in the live server and it's been working for the past three weeks.
However, since the last K2 upgrade, the SEF url's are changed and, when editing a k2 category menu item we now get a sef url www.mydomain.com/top_level_menu/Category/second_level_menu.html

It's quite strange, because it happened when editing one menu item and suddenly all the other "k2 category" menu items got the "/Category/" in the middle of the url. The only way to solve it was to edit the url's directly in the database, which is not a good practice.

Has anyone experienced this?
Is there a way to provent that from happening (hopefully a customization rather than a hack that will be lost on the next component upgrade)?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.