Keyword

Why do I need K2, or why should I use it?

More
11 years 10 months ago #107292 by David
I have never worked with k2 before. I'm doing some preliminary research on options for a Joomla component that we are looking to develop, so I'm investigating the possibility of using K2 for this project.

My questions are fairly basic. What are the advantages to using K2 over the standard Joomla article CMS? Specifically, our component is geared toward e-commerce or storefront projects and websites, so please keep that in mind for this next question. Is K2 something that will add functionality, or streamline processes, which would increase efficiencies and save development time?

Any information that anyone could give me on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #107293 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Why do I need K2, or why should I use it?
What are the advantages to using K2 over the standard Joomla article CMS?
see the desc here getk2.org/

k2 when coupled with sigpro and all videos provides rich content with no other extensions or components an it will live alongside joomla content, as well as outside ecommerce solutions.

K2 has integrations for two ecommerce systems that use the k2 content for the display of merchandise
K2mart www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/commercial-premium/k2mart for virtumart integration
and
K2Store k2store.org/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.