Adding Tabs to item.php the easy way

• Peter Grube
  • Peter Grube's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #107465 by Peter Grube
Adding Tabs to item.php the easy way was created by Peter Grube
Hi every one.

After looking everywhere on here for a way to add Tabs to my item view template overide, But the only solution that I found was Tabber Pro which was a bit too inflexible for my needs, anyway I tried using Yahoo Tabs and I was amazed at how easy it was to us.

The only drawbacks I can find is that there are only 2 theme choices for light & dark template styles, but you can play around with the CSS to make it fit the style of your template, the other drawback is that I can't workout how to get the K2 links to work eg if I put a gallery inside Tab 2 the gallery link won't work, but I am sure that someone will help us out with a work-around.

Anyway I thought I would share how easy this is.

Step 1. Add this Code before <!-- Start K2 Item Layout --> on your item.php overide file.

More
11 years 10 months ago #107466 by chilly_bang
Replied by chilly_bang on topic Re: Adding Tabs to item.php the easy way
I tried tabber from Nonumber.nl : it goes easy too. Just add to your source code

• Peter Grube
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 10 months ago #107467 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Adding Tabs to item.php the easy way
Hi chilly, can you add that to the template itself, so you can put the image gallery, videos, comments ect in tabs ? because i tried to put plugin code in item.php & it wouldn't work ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #107468 by chilly_bang
Replied by chilly_bang on topic Re: Adding Tabs to item.php the easy way
hm, i tried to place extra fields in one tab, and some plain text to another tab directly in the template's source code, and it worked fine for me... weird. it would be not good and not understable, if the working of it were not a rule.

ps: do you know, why registered users must fill captcha in? is it a missetting on my side, or is it wanted so from forum establisher? i'm new here - its my third topic..

• Peter Grube
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 10 months ago #107469 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Adding Tabs to item.php the easy way
Hi again Chilly,

It's good to hear about Tabber will have to try it, hopefully we will be able to put a few more joomla plugins directly in template in the future.

About the the captcha thing, I think after you do about 10 posts or something the captcha thing is lifted, I know how frustrating it is.