Keyword

(Basic) Category Layout Gird Problem

More
11 years 9 months ago #107530 by Matt
I am new to the K2 component in Joomla, and am having a problem with the category layout grid.

I have watched several videos on the issue and searched this site, and stackoverflow, yet I can't figure out what it is that I am doing wrong.

I am using the K2 Content Module to pull items from a specific category. The category layout grid settings call for three columns for the leading, primary and secondary sections. Yet, the display remains in one column.

In fact, the module does not seem to respond to changes in the category layout settings at all, as images remain the same size regardless of setting.

Here are screenshots of both the category and the module page:

Thanks for reading!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #107531 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: (Basic) Category Layout Gird Problem
Hi Matt,

The K2 content module only pulls the items from a category not the layout you can only limit the number of items to display from that category, by default it displays them in a single vertical column if you want them to display in horizontal row, you will need to either try doing it using CSS using a Module class suffix or doing a overide of the module.

The css would be something like

More
11 years 9 months ago #107532 by Matt
Replied by Matt on topic Re: (Basic) Category Layout Gird Problem
Hey thanks a lot Peter!

To follow up, how do I utilize the the category layout grid functionality, then? It seems like I am misunderstanding a fundamental part of k2. If not through module, then what?

More
11 years 9 months ago #107533 by Peter Grube
You need create new Menu Item & in Menu Item Type * select K2 Categories

More
11 years 9 months ago #107534 by Matt
Thanks Peter! You're a champ!

Will make sure to pay it forward as I learn more!

More
11 years 9 months ago #107535 by Matt
I am still struggling :blush: I have created a menu item and tied to both K2 Categories and the Latest Items From (one or more) Users or Categories and yet still the display is single column. Image sizing also doesn't respond, and there is no scroll even when content is off the bottom of the page.

The first two images I posted in the OP are the same, and here is a screenshot of the menu item in the backend:

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong :blush:

More
11 years 9 months ago #107536 by Peter Grube
Hi Matt,

Sorry to hear your still having problems, is your site live, & if so do you have a link to the page in question ?

You appear to have the Category & Menu set correctly, my suspicion is that your sites template is conflicting / Overiding K2's CSS, have you tried temporarily assigning that category to one of the BEEZ templates to see if it is your template causing the problem, in that way we can start troubleshooting the problem.

More
10 years 4 months ago #107537 by Peter Wooster
Replied by Peter Wooster on topic Re: (Basic) Category Layout Gird Problem
Be sure that the "inherit parameter options from category" isn't set. If it is the settings on the right hand side are useless.