Keyword

Add item will not save?

More
11 years 10 months ago #107539 by nick
Add item will not save? was created by nick
Hello, I am trying to add a new item and it will not save? Any help, I don't understand? I click save and nothing happens?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #107540 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Add item will not save?
Probably a javascript error. Check your settings K2 dashboard - paramaters - layout tab - at the top
If local host, load a local copy

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #107541 by nick
Replied by nick on topic Re: Add item will not save?
Thanks for the reply William, I did as you suggested and still its not saving. I have spent over 8 hours trying to get this issue resoved with no luck. I really need someone with some K2 skills to take a closer look. William would you be interested in taking a look via the back end settings? I would be so greatful and could pay you for your time to resolve this issue for me. Let me know what you think and I can send over my site info.

I am new to K2, but have some skills with joomla. The site is newly under construction, so there's not much up yet.
gervs.net

Thank you for your reply, hope to hear back from you or anyone that is skilled and willing to help or may have a suggestion to resolve this issue.

Cheers
Nick-

More
11 years 10 months ago #107542 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Add item will not save?
Hi Nick,

I had a similar thing happen the other day, my problem was I had a extra field marked as required, & until I either changed the setting or add a value to that extra field it wouldn't save.

More
11 years 10 months ago #107543 by nick
Hi Peter, thanks for the tip! Could you help a bit more and direct me to where I would make that extra fields change or how to add a setting?

I do see this error message at the bottom of my Item page. See attachment:

Attachment not found

More
11 years 10 months ago #107544 by nick
Update: I was able to get rid of the fields error. See attachment.

Attachment not found

But I can't save any items still? So I am still stuck. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks.

More
11 years 10 months ago #107545 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Add item will not save?
Sorry about the delay nick but was sleep time in Aust, anyway that error message means that it's not the problem. But you might as well resolve it first.

You just need to go into your K2 Category and in the Top Left group of Settings, you will see Associated "Extra Fields Group" select the Field group you created. And should be able to access your Extra Fields.