Keyword

Simple Image Gallery Pro

More
11 years 10 months ago #107624 by vicky
Simple Image Gallery Pro was created by vicky
Hello to everyone
I've download from Joomlaworks the plugin Simple Image Gallery Pro .
But there is no documentation or sigplus Configuration to understand how does it work.
I need to reduse the width but i can . I need to change the colors and nothing.
Can i work with parametric values in this gallery?
From where i can change the titles?
when i am uploading a gallery , where is the file location?
And also everyone ia talking about image/stories root. i use joomla2.5 and there is not such a thing.
I am very disapointed because it seems that i bought something useless.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #107625 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Simple Image Gallery Pro
Hi Vicky,

It's a pain but it's not useless, first thing is to configure the settings in Plugins / SIG Pro, you can set the thumbnail size there. Although I am not sure what parametric values mean but it has setting to make thumbnails same size, next the gallery files are Media / K2 / Galleries.

For Labels you need to do the settings you want in the plugins settings. You can edit the Title Labels & Description with the K2 Media Manager, but here's the catch, by default the K2 Media Manager gets it settings from joomla so you can't access media/ k2 untill you change the settings for the joomla Media Manager, I know it's a pain but it's well worth it. (By the way when I changed over I created a Image folder in Media / K2) and pretty much keep all my images there to save confusion.

Good luck Pete.

More
11 years 10 months ago #107626 by vicky
Replied by vicky on topic Re: Simple Image Gallery Pro
Thank you very much Peter
I am trying to change media manager right now. I hope to find a solution to that.
Your are right about thumbnails. I manage to change their width using the plugin but what about the width of whole gallery? i still can't change the dimensions.
Anyway thank you again for the reply

More
11 years 10 months ago #107627 by Peter Grube
Hi Vicky,

Basically to change dimensions & background ect you need to either adjust the CSS div.itemImageGallery or create a template overide, I ended up putting gallery, video & comments in tabs to tidy things up a bit.

More
11 years 10 months ago #107628 by vicky
Oh my God!!
there is a lot of work to do.....
I still don't know why i paid for this gallery ( i this there is a free version of sigplus)
Thank you Peter

More
11 years 10 months ago #107629 by Peter Grube
No problem welcome to the world of K2 lol, it a bit of a learning curve but it worth it in end, I really recommend getting the hang of using template overides and extra field it makes thing a lot easier & faster in the long run, here's a basic design I'm working on at the moment HERE . im not really happy with video but that's a job for tomorrow..

More
11 years 9 months ago #107630 by vicky
Your site is beautiful !
All these have been made using k2?

More
11 years 9 months ago #107631 by Peter Grube
Thx it's good to get some feedback, yes everything is done with K2. Have you tried doing a template overide yet ?

More
11 years 9 months ago #107632 by vicky
I can template k2 and make different templates for every category, and this is real cool.
But...as far as the plugin sigplus pro , i quit of trying.. I mean there is a lot of easy in use galleries and i still can't get why they ask for money for that thing!!
Everything goes to media/k2 (why this path? why???) so i have to change media manage's setting and also there is no way to change the dimensions of the gallery and other things like background color! And no way to set the titles!
I really enjoy k2 component but now i can say for sure that i hate sigplus pro.
And the funny thing is that i don't have any problem with the free version of sigplus.
15 euros is not expensive but i am stil so agry.............
Thank you for your help

More
11 years 9 months ago #107633 by Peter Grube
Go into K2 / Media Manager / Galleries and you should see a file for the gallery you created named same as Item id number, inside you will see text file right click on the text file and select edit, then change title to what you want you can also add description.

You can also add gallery via a extra field just add images to folder in media / gallery , then put usual code in extra field same as in free version you get a lot more control that way.