Keyword

Help! Default category on frontend add new item

More
11 years 10 months ago #107653 by Jerry
I need to make it where when a user submits a new item from the frontend, the category is set to a default category that they do not have to choose. I have searched and searched but all I can find is a fix for Joomla 1.5. I am running 2.5. Can anyone help me with this? Its a simple coding fix, but I am not good at coding. Thanks for the help in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #107654 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Help! Default category on frontend add new item
one way to do it is here williamwhitejr.com/index.php/k2-tips/item/52-limit-categories-users-see-when-front-end-editing

there are several posts here about it, and i remember one that uses css also

but i dont think in either case the category will be selected automatically, they will have to click it

More
11 years 10 months ago #107655 by Jerry
I have already accomplished that. Choosing a category by default was done in 1.5. Can anyone figure out how to make it work in 2.5?

More
11 years 10 months ago #107656 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Help! Default category on frontend add new item
Please post the code to do that with 1.5 and we can take a look at it to see what needs to be changes for 2.5

More
11 years 9 months ago #107657 by Jerry

More
11 years 9 months ago #107658 by petunia
I am also looking for this, I have several categories and I don't want my user could see all of them.

thanks!

More
11 years 9 months ago #107659 by Jerry
Anybody know how to accomplish this? I would love to get this done as it would finish up my site. Thanks!

More
11 years 8 months ago #107660 by Jerry
Bumping this! I really need to get this figured out. Can someone just point me to the new file that I can alter according to the link i posted? or does anyone know how to accomplish this at all? Please help!!