Keyword

Where do I change...

More
11 years 9 months ago #107691 by Mark
Where do I change... was created by Mark
I'm a long time Joomla user and am now trying to inbstall/use a K2 template for a client. (Template is TM 40396 at www.templatehelp.com/preset/pr_preview.php?i=40396).

Question is this: in a certain position at top of each page (position Top-B in this template) is "User Login | Register". Where do I change this? eg, if I want to change the text being used there, or put something else in that position.

In a non-K2 site, I would expect to find some module assigned to that position, but there is nothing in Module manager showing for this position, so I assume it is some K2 "item"?

Sorry but so far the whole K2 thing seems to be an extra layer of complexity that I'm not sure is worth it yet. Maybe once I get familiar I will see a benefit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #107692 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Where do I change...
goto module manager, in the search box type login
it may be k2 login, k2 user, or joomla login module but you should find it

More
11 years 9 months ago #107693 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Re: Where do I change...
Thanks for the reply, but no dice. There are 2 user login modules, one in position "popup" and one in "sidebar-a". I unpublished both to be sure, but it had no effect on the links in the "Top-B" position. In fact, there are no modules listed for the Top-B position.

Does K2 somehow bypass or override the standard Joomla template positioning system?

This template also uses Gantry - I am thinking it is something in that....