Keyword

Different size gallery thumbs per category?

• zazel baltao
  • zazel baltao's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #107707 by zazel baltao
Different size gallery thumbs per category? was created by zazel baltao
Hi

I wondered is it possible to have different size gallery thumbs for different K2 categories WITHOUT using the gallery code in an extra field? I want to still be able to upload the gallery images in a zip in the gallery tab.

I am wondering if I can change the code in the item.php template file so it can generate different sized thumbnails for different categories i.e. usually if we use code in a content article we can do this {gallery}folder name:150:150{/gallery} - is there a way we can edit the code in the item template file to something similar?

Help woud be very much appreciated - for future would be nice to have this option in the category parameters i.e. like in the image size section, have an option for gallery thumbs as well.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #107708 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Different size gallery thumbs per category?
hi Zazel,

Many have requested that feature, all I can suggest a work around fix would be to either use a extra field to to an overide template and add your {gallery}folder name:150:150{/gallery} to that field, then display the field individually in the item.php template overide. And you could also remove the gallery display code in that way you could still use K2 to upload the gallery the just point your code to the folder created.

• zazel baltao
  • zazel baltao's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #107709 by zazel baltao
Replied by zazel baltao on topic Re: Different size gallery thumbs per category?
Hi Peter

Thanks so much for the reply.

So you mean use gallery tab to upload images still but simply change the folder name in the gallery code in the extra field?

Is the folder name always the ID number of the article, i.e. what if client re uploads new folder, does the ID always stay the same?

Let me know

Many thanks

More
11 years 9 months ago #107710 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Different size gallery thumbs per category?
I am pretty sure the items id # always corresponds to to the gallery folder, in the gallery function it say's tick box to delete gallery or simply upload new gallery to overwrite existing gallery.