Keyword

Help me please to edit css of k2 frontpage !

• yassine
  • yassine's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #107711 by yassine
Hi gays,
im new in K2, i have a website where i use k2 to show articles in frontpage :
www.arab-csr.org/
but as you see, the way the articles is shown is not beautiful, so i ask how can i make it display in a beautiful way ?
Help me please :)

or tell me how can i edit the module : Minifrontpage to support k2 ?
or tell me how can i edit the module ; News Show SP1 to show the author as link ? :D

Thank you first :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #107712 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Help me please to edit css of k2 frontpage !
Hi yassine,
First you need to tell us how you want the layout of the page to be, do you have a particular look in mind, then you can change the settings in the category to suit, here's a basic 2 col 2 item leading, + 3 col 6 item Primary, + 1 col 10 item secondary it;s for a catalogue so yours will be different but I think you will get the idea .

• yassine
More
11 years 9 months ago #107713 by yassine
Thank you Peter,
what i mean is not how i can config the culomns and rows, but how give the the frontpage a look like here :
www.arab-csr.org/index.php/economy-and-development
you can see that the distance between articles is small, and the title is bold and there is a distance between images and text, and there is a line between articles, all that is not in in the K2 wich i use in the frontpage :
www.arab-csr.org/
you can ask me :"but why you don't use the same module in the fronpage?" my answer is : because i need show the author as link, and this option i can find it just in K2.

my gaol is : show the articles with autors as link.

i would gratefull if someone help me to fix that :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #107714 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Help me please to edit css of k2 frontpage !
Hi again, It would be very easy to duplicate the look of the original site but to do so you need to use K2 the way that it's intended. In the Category Settings / Item image options you need to make one of the image settings 200px, then in the Layout Grid settings / Primary you need select the same Image setting eg x-smal, small or large that you previously set to 200px.

Then add Image using k2 Image function, and when you paste in text, you need to click on the html button because if you don't the text inherits the style from the site and you don't want that.

let me know if you want to proceed you will get a better results & save time if you do.

• yassine
More
11 years 9 months ago #107715 by yassine
Thank you very much Mr Peter,

you know, im already know what you have tell me about, but the problem, is that the articles show without any beautifull style, you can see here :
www.arab-csr.org/

for example : there is no line between articles, the font size of titles is small, how can i edit this ?