Keyword

Help ! K2 Item font size reset

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #107737 by Eduardo
Help ! K2 Item font size reset was created by Eduardo
Hi !

I am in the process of updating K2 and when I went to check one of my K2 items, I noticed somehow the font size and color have changed and it looks hideous.

Please point me to which code I need to change to fix this ASAP.

I really appreciate your help !

Example of current huge text: www.sipi.com.sv/index.php/es/organizaciones-religiosas/item/229-centro-internacional-de-alabanza.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #107738 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Help ! K2 Item font size reset
Hi Eduardo,

Probably the best way to ensure this doesn't happen is to create a template overide and also use css4ks pluggin, a post on how to create overide is Here , you will then have to change the css for the fonts to what you want, but when you update k2 your font styles wont be over-written in future.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #107739 by FlyingScot
Replied by FlyingScot on topic Re: Help ! K2 Item font size reset
I use the k2-override.css that is in my template's (ja_anion) css folder. I use firefox and I highlight the area/text string on the live site then right-click my mouse and select "Inspect Element". I cut and paste the css from the rules panel into my k2-overide.css file, make my changes, save and upload. Of course I always rename the existing override file so I can swap back and forth until I get the changes that I like. And don't forget to back that file up on your hard drive before you do any K2 updates...so your changes won't be overwritten. I found that out the hard way after my first go around with K2. I spent about 200 hours on customizing and figuring everything out ... did a K2 update and lost everything and had to start over...a lot quicker the second time around but...better to take care of business before hand and save yourself the trouble. I also HIGHLY suggest you do an akeeba backup prior to any K2 upgrade. I just upgraded to 2.6.2 (on Joomla 2.5.8) and it ruined my site because it broke the Advanced Module Manager. I lost all of my banner assignments, ja comments no longer worked and a few other things...luckily I took my own advice (rarely do that) and had backed up my previous install and recovered the site so I am good to go and waiting for a bug fix version update.

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #107740 by Eduardo
Replied by Eduardo on topic Re: Help ! K2 Item font size reset
Hi guys. Thanks for your response.

I found out the problem was stemming from a googleMaps plugin updated, which I did simultaneous to the K2 update.

It seems the plugin was changing the formatting of my item text up to where the plugin code was inserted ( loading within article ) but after that code, the text was formatted correctly.

I deactivated the plugin, and am now switching over to Mike Reumer's maps plugin which just has more functions.

By the way, I do use Akeeba Backup ! Love it.

Take care, thanks.