Keyword

K2 Tools footer module, links going to wrong place

• Joshua Stephens
  • Joshua Stephens's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #107746 by Joshua Stephens
Hi there,

I have one issue remaining for this website before the client is willing to pay for the website, and it's driving me quite insane. I am hoping that someone could help me with this problem.

If you look at the website ( greensborojewelers.com/ )on the footer in bottom-a , there is a column with "About us, Services, We buy gold, ect"

The "about us" link there goes to the correct location in which the right nav bar shows on the about us page, but if you click the other links, like "services" for an example, in bottom-a.. it goes to the services page, but does not display the right nav bar, like it should.

If you click "services" from the right nav bar on the "About us" page, it goes to the right location and displays correctly though.

I have been trying to fix this issue for a week, and am losing hope. If someone could please look into this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #107747 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 Tools footer module, links going to wrong place
It looks to me like the sidebar is a module with the same links as the module at the bottom left.
When i click services at bottom left the sidebar module shows
try clearing your browzers cache

• Joshua Stephens
  • Joshua Stephens's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #107748 by Joshua Stephens
Replied by Joshua Stephens on topic Re: K2 Tools footer module, links going to wrong place
I have tried it in a different browser, and when i click on services in the footer, it takes me here: greensborojewelers.com/index.php/component/k2/itemlist/category/12-services

I need it to take me here: greensborojewelers.com/index.php/about-us/itemlist/category/12-services

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #107749 by Peter Grube
Hi Joshua,

It,s a confusing problem especially not knowing your menu strucure, but this is what I would try. first I would create a new joomla menu called hidden, then see your About Us link at top of page if that's a menu item, I would assign it to the new hidden menu, then create a new menu item, in the Top Menu, Item Type = Menu Item Alias Link it to About Us menu item you just created / added in hidden menu.

Then I am assuming you have a menu called Category move that to the hidden menu, but have the about us menu item as it's root.

I think the link should then be About Us / Category / Services