Keyword

Help with Access Control

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #107822 by Mus
Help with Access Control was created by Mus
Hi everybody,

I'm a little bit struggling with access control and previliges permissions in joomla and K2 component. I'm a newbie in this stuff, I really need help. I searched the forum but nothing helpful.

I run a newspaper under K2 system, I like it very much, great job indeed. I manage a group of journalists divided into the following groups: Myself as the Superadmin, senior editor (also manager in joomla backend), editors and contributors.

Ideally, the editors should access only K2 plateform, but just some of parts of it: add item, items and comments. Evrythings else in K2 and joomla should be unaccessible.

For the manager/senior editor (my direct assistant), I want to grant him access , of course to K2, to some parts of the joomla navigation menu. Site, Menus, Extensions and tools should be disabled, he then can manage Joomla Content and some of the Components.

Something else! I want contributors to publish their articles from the frontend, the problem is that when they click Submit an Article in the Account Menu, K2 categories don't show up. To fix this temporarily, I created Joomla Sections and Categories like those I have on K2 and assigned them to the form.

I hope I explained my problem. I need help help help :blink:

Thanks guys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.