Keyword

Add default text to Item Editor?

• Bryce Stock
  • Bryce Stock's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #107836 by Bryce Stock
Add default text to Item Editor? was created by Bryce Stock
See bottom post for expatiation.

I am new to K2 but I've managed to get almost everything up and running for a site I'm making on a wamp server. There are only two things left to set up. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to set up either of them. So I'm hoping you guys in the k2 community can help!

1. For the front end editor, I need to set specific template files to specific catagories.

2. I also need to set up example content in the front end editor that's different for each category. This will give the users adding content to the site via front end directions and well as a template of sorts to get them started.

How might I best accomplish these two things?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #107837 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Templates for For Categories and Default Content
this
joomlaextensions.co.in/product/JE-K2-Story
may help you, or at least get you started.
I havent tried it but you may be able to customize it

• Bryce Stock
  • Bryce Stock's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #107838 by Bryce Stock
Hopefully its okay I bump this, my question has somewhat changed. I need to figure out how to echo out some HTML to display in the add item editor by default upon adding a new item. I've been looking at Itemform.php trying to figure it out but I really don't know what I am doing. If there is a hackish solution that's not to much trouble to explain I'd gladly accept the assistance.

This is as best I can figure. This is line 146 modified in the itemedtior.php template file.
<li id="tabContent"><a href="#k2Tab1"><?php if( == null){$editor.setContent('dummy text');} else echo JText::_('K2_CONTENT');?> </a></li>

where it says == null I'm thinking I need to run some sort of check to see if this is a new item or not. If it is a new item write the dummy text. As I said I could be way off. This is very new to me.