Keyword

Module Position not showing on K2 item

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #107929 by Eduardo
Hi ! First of all, I'm unsure whether this question belongs in the Joomla board or the K2 board, so I will post it on both.

I'm trying to get a module to appear on a K2 item. I have created a menu link for said K2 item, published it and selected my module to appear there. It won't.

I have triple checked every setting is correct, have made sure the module position is one from my current template. If I publish same module to a category, it works. If I publish it to item, it doesn't.

What's going on and how can I fix it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #107930 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Module Position not showing on K2 item
Im not sure what your settings are, but i have tested advanced module manager pro from nonumber.nl and it will pick a single k2 item and display a module when that item is displayed

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #107931 by Eduardo
Replied by Eduardo on topic Re: Module Position not showing on K2 item
I hear you William, thanks. To use that extension, I believe you need php.5.3 - I'm on 5.2 right now and am swamped with too many other things to consider the upgrading.

If you have any thoughts or experience with said upgrading, then I'd love to hear them, although perhaps I should make another thread for that ( on a php forum ? )

By the way, I kept fidgeting with my settings and managed to get the module to show on a k2 item - just not in the module position I wanted.

I thought that as long as I was using module positions for the template, I thought every module position was fair game to use, but this isn't so. Why are some module positions showing up on certain pages and not on other pages ? What file/code controls this ?