Keyword

How to display articles from a category in home pa

• Federico
  • Federico's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #107981 by Federico
I'm new to K2 and I have to maintain a website developed with k2.

I simply need to create a blog section and display articles exceprts from it on the home page.

How do I go to obtain something like this

basically I need titles and short intros displayed in the home page, pulling articles from a K2 category, it should be easy but I can't really understand how to do it, I've already spent almost 2 hours on it!

thanks!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #107982 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: How to display articles from a category in home pa
One way is to create a module k2_content and place it in a position on the home page

• Federico
More
11 years 9 months ago #107983 by Federico
I tried but when, after selecting K2 Content, I try to click on the module position I get this error

[18:44:27.242] TypeError: window.parent.jSelectPosition_jform_position is not a function @ www.domain.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_modules&view=positions&layout=modal&tmpl=component&function=jSelectPosition_jform_position&client_id=0:1

what could this be due to?

• Federico
More
11 years 9 months ago #107984 by Federico
hey guys, any ideas about it?

any help is really appreciated

• Federico
More
11 years 8 months ago #107985 by Federico
FOUND the issue
in the italian translation of K2 there was an unescaped string causing an error on the previous page

see here for the solution forum.joomla.it/index.php?topic=154482.0 (in italian but easily understandable for everyone)

I'm now able to add the module in that postion

thanks for the help!

I have another problem which should be easy to understand for any experienced k2/joomla user, if you feel like having a look at it...

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/168366-different-layout-on-specific-K2-items#168366