Keyword

Different layout depending on where you click in a

• Casey Howlett
  • Casey Howlett's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #108001 by Casey Howlett
This may be difficult to explain so bear with me please.

Basically, I have a layout that shows two items with intro text in one column. These two items are also called out in a left hand menu. If I click on one of the items within the item view, I get one layout but if I click on one of the items from the menu selection, I get a different layout. I have the menu set to a template override so it is displaying exactly what I want. How do I get the layout to be the same if I click on the item from the item view? I have attached two screen clipping for reference. I cannot set the layout to a template override if I am clicking on a link in an item view right? Plus, the PH Related News Module and More Info Module are not technically assigned to this menu item so how do I remove them?

I have a feeling that this is something pretty simple that I am over looking!

Thanks,

Casey

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #108002 by Peter Grube
It looks to me like the items are inheriting properties because they are child of Personal 3D Printers menu item, ie if you have module assigned to Personal 3D Printer Menu Item, then it also gets assigned to the other 2 child menu items.

• Casey Howlett
  • Casey Howlett's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #108003 by Casey Howlett
Replied by Casey Howlett on topic Re: Different layout depending on where you click in a
Hi Peter, Thanks for the response and you are correct. However, I modified the layout for the children menus to remove the additional module which works fine when I click on one of the children menus but when I click on the title or image link in the article in category view, the article page is inheriting its layout from the parent menu instead of the child menu. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks again

Casey