Keyword

How to move "Media" to top of K2 article

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #108017 by tina
Hello

When I include media such as an audio file or Video in a K2 Item (an article basically) it displays the media at the very bottom. This is a design error. It confuses readers that there is no media whatsoever because most readers expect the media to be at the top of the artical where it belongs and busy readers expect it there and simply click away never descovering that in fact there is a video or audio file, but that it is just too far down where it clearly does not belong - it belongs at the top or better yet it should be selectable as to where it is placed. certainly not after the "related items" at the bottom where it is definitely NOT supposed to be if it is the the central aspect of a story which includes media such as an audio file or a video file.

I would be very grateful if some kind soul can instruct me which file (be it CSS or otherwise) i must modify to correct this design error.

Thank you for your time.

Tina Blauveldt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #108018 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: How to move "Media" to top of K2 article
You will need to create an override for the k2 category in question and edit the item.php file in the override.
Move the block of code that you will find by searching for "item viedeo" and move it up in the file to the position you want it.
See the os traning videos and templating tips under documentation

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #108019 by tina
Thank YOu very much william for your help :)

and audio I am assuming would be labled audio?

More
11 years 9 months ago #108020 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: How to move "Media" to top of K2 article
as far as i know, any audio files would be a part of the same media block of code which is played by the plugin allvideo