Keyword

Readmore

More
11 years 9 months ago #108112 by Eddie
Readmore was created by Eddie
Readmore button (plugin from joomla core) is not working K2. I'd like to have a readmore link for items not items within category. If an item is long (since I link them by a menu), I'd like the item to have a readmore link instead of displaying a long article, any idea?

Thanks,
-Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
11 years 9 months ago #108113 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic Re: Readmore
Do you refer a page break?????

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

More
11 years 9 months ago #108114 by Eddie
Replied by Eddie on topic Re: Readmore

olsen wrote: Do you refer a page break?????

Not really, a page break will still show a long article with page breaks, I really need something that hide most of the article and only display it when needed. Read more will work perfect but it's not working with k2. Thanks

More
11 years 9 months ago #108115 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Readmore
Hi Eddie,

I had a similiar problem, and although not ideal the easiest solution for me was to add Tabs to item.php, then put Intro and full text code block in first Tab and create extrafields for the other Tabs.

More
11 years 9 months ago #108116 by Eddie

Peter wrote: Hi Eddie,

I had a similiar problem, and although not ideal the easiest solution for me was to add Tabs to item.php, then put Intro and full text code block in first Tab and create extrafields for the other Tabs.

I see but that's really not ideal and a bit confusing for readers. I had thought that someone would have encountered this issue and had a hack for it?

More
11 years 9 months ago #108117 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Readmore
@Eddie

Hi. Read more button works fine with K2. Just ensure that you see one editor and not two. You can configure this in K2 settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #108118 by Eddie

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: @Eddie

Hi. Read more button works fine with K2. Just ensure that you see one editor and not two. You can configure this in K2 settings.

Is it working for real? What do you mean by two editiors, Do you mean intro and full editors as being separate? I only have one editor (full and intro as one editor) but I still cannot get the read more button to work

More
11 years 6 months ago #108119 by Wilson Ang
Replied by Wilson Ang on topic Re: Readmore
HI, I am facing the same problem... so any solutions for this?

More
11 years 6 months ago #108120 by James
Replied by James on topic Re: Readmore
You don't say! I've been trying to solve this problems for several days now! I'd love to hear any solution. Read more and page break don't work on two of my joomla sites with K2. One is Joomla 2.9 and other is Joomla 3.0

Dang frustrating and I'm read to uninstall K2. It's a shame though. Sure wish we could get a solution. I'm just using the simple default protostar template.

More
11 years 6 months ago #108121 by James
Replied by James on topic Re: Readmore
Please Sir Lefteris Kavadas, Eddie,

Please tell us what you're talking about when you say:

"Read more button works fine with K2. Just ensure that you see one editor and not two. You can configure this in K2 settings."

We're super frustrated!

Thanks if you answer!